1200 Hip resurfacing Procedures
- 373 AVN (Largest series in the world)
- 237 Ank.Spondylitis, ( 22 fused hips)
- 37 Post- perthes/SUFE
- 48 inflammatory arthropathy
- 25 hip dysplasia
- 6 idiopathic chonodrolysis
- 3 post TB
- 448 primary OA
- 23 post acetabular fracture
- Longest followup was 85 months post op
Outcome in consecutive 1200 hips
- Fracture of the femoral neck -1 .Acetabular side was intact. Femoral side was revised to anatomical head metal on metal hip resurfacing.
- Varus collapse (delayed primary failure) 4 (inflammatory arthropathy) Acetabular side was intact. Femoral side was revised to anatomical head metal on metal hip resurfacing.
- Dislocations - 1 (recovery room) Open reduction was done in the immediate post operative day.
- Acetabular cup loosening 2 (Acetabular side was revised at 6 weeks and 4 years respectively) AVN Of these one had to be revised on the femoral side as well due to the size requirement.
Lost to follow up 2 patients
|AVN Group||Non AVN Group|
|Intra op fracture of the acetabulum - nil||Intra op fracture of the acetabulum1(minor)|
|Violation of femoral neck by stem - nil||Violation of femoral neck by stem - 1|
|Notching of neck - 1||Notching of neck - nil|
|Femoral nerve palsy (transient) - 2||Femoral nerve palsy (transient) - 2|
|Superficial - 1 Deep -0||Superficial - 0 Deep - 1|
|Heterotrphic ossification - 1||Heterotrphic ossification - nil|
|Shortening - 1||Lengthening - 2|